Friday, January 9, 2009

YIKES, I've been tagged!

Now what to do?
First I'll give thanks go to a gal I've just met through the world of blogging named Magriet Moss. She has her own website named Babushka Jewellery Design. Yes, I did spell "jewellery" right. That is for the UK! She lives in Kent and designs beautiful handcrafted pieces from her own home based workshop. She has left me some wonderful encouraging comments on my blog which I so appreciate! You will find her blog by clicking here and her website by clicking here.

Okay... now the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write six random things about yourself
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person know they've been tagged

Here we go with the six random things (oh, where do I start?):

1. Both of my parents are British and I grew up in Canada. Sometimes I feel more British than Canadian. Now that I'm living in the US, I really miss the great biscuits like Peek Freans (I mean cookies for Americans) and the wonderful candies you can get in Canada like Licorice Allsorts and Maynard winegums. For my birthday and at Christmas, my family usually gives me a "care package" filled with all of these rare "delicacies" which I really appreciate.

2. I love Math! I know it's really strange but I just love numbers. I am able to do calculations in my head and I seem to remember number related things very easily. I'm not sure how useful this is except my son thinks I'm really smart when I help him with his Math homework and he's a pre-teen!

3. I don't like to cook. There are so many other better things to do, don't you think? I do enjoy cooking special dinners for entertaining guests and trying out new recipes but the everyday kind of cooking is mundane and I'd rather be creating something else.

4. I always have to have a project going. Whether it's knitting, sewing, home decorating, digital scrapbooking or keeping up with jewelry designs for my shop, if I'm not creating something I feel like there is something wrong with me.

5. I definitely got my creative gene from my Mom. She sewed all of my clothes for me and my sisters while growing up. I think she must have bought yards of the same fabric because she would dress us in all the same outfit but just in different sizes. Since I was the smallest I could wear the same outfit for years! Seriously though, I don't remember getting a lot of hand me downs! I would sit and watch her sew until I could start making things myself.

6. I've had my jewelry shop online for almost 9 months now and I still get so excited when I get a sale! I get such a thrill when someone buys one of my designs because it is something that I just love to do. I've heard it described as a "transfer" of delight". I delight in each piece of jewelry I make and my hope is that each person who receives their purchase shares the same delight in wearing it.

Well, there you have it! Thanks Magriet, I was wondering what to blog about today...

Here are the six blogs I will tag:

1. Shi of Shi Jewels
2. Sharla Of Beaded Tail
3. Rozanne of Scrap Girls
4. Kim of ForeverWherever
5. Julie of Oak Leaf Hollow Primitives
6. Jennifer of Deckled Edge Bindery

This is a great way to get to know one another!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed learning more about you! I don't like to cook either but thankfully my hubby loves it! Thanks for tagging me too and hopefully I can think of something interesting about me to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL! I don't like to cook much either!! Hubby does it. Baking is my thing.
    Now I will try and come up with something that people will want to read about me. Hmmmmm... :-]
    Will post it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to read your facts and to get to know a little bit more about you :) I too always need to have some project on the go. It drives my hubby potty as I can never just switch off. I'm no good at math though :(

    I only found your blog by accident as I googled for a tutorial on how to make a toggle clasp out of pmc! And I found your tips very useful. Will give it a go soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your thoughts. I treasure each and every comment and look forward to reading what you have to say!