Monday, January 26, 2009

MONDAY, MONDAY

What is it about Monday that makes it so hard to get out of bed? My guess is that we have such a difficult time realizing that our weekend is over; the two days we get to recharge our batteries, spend time with our family and have the freedom to do the things we love to do! I suspect that even those who love their jobs find it just a little more challenging to be motivated on Monday mornings.

Monday morning grumpiness has been much more pronounced at our house ever since last September when my son started Middle School with a start time of 7:30 am. That's way too early for 12-14 year old kids in my opinion and me too!

Monday has really gotten a bad rap.
Here's one quote I found:
"Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life"

and Recall these songs:
1. "Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down" by the Carpenters
2. "Monday, Monday" by the Mamas and Papas!

I couldn't find any specific POSITIVE quotes about Monday but I did find this:
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Robert Schuller

Maybe it should read, "A year from now you may wish you had started today even if it's Monday" (altered by Me)

As I'm waking up this morning I'm trying to get motivated to start my day and create some new designs for my jewelry shop Beadin' By the Sea. I made a pendant like this one to remind myself of my love for creating. I just renewed it in my shop, to get it to the top of the searches, because it hasn't found a home yet. Maybe it would be better as a keychain?

Anyway, I'm off to do some more creating. How about this for a happy Monday motto:

Monday is like getting a fresh sheet of paper every week on which to create something beautiful and make your mark! by Debora

Try to have a great Monday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I dread Mondays but it is one day closer to the weekend now! Hope that lovely necklace finds a home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debora,
    Gosh that pendant is fab ! Think your Monday quote about the fresh sheet of paper is best - will keep that in mind every time I get Monday morning blues.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mondays are hard to do. But by Tuesday I seem to be back into the groove of things.....
    Lovely pendant!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your thoughts. I treasure each and every comment and look forward to reading what you have to say!