Friday, February 20, 2009

FINGERPRINT FRIDAY

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them?

Thank you to Pampering Beki for hosting this each week! Everyone is welcome to join. To see how to join, as well as find links to other Fingerprint Friday posts, visit Pampering Beki's blog.

I snapped this photo of daffodils coming up yesterday, and took it as a comforting sign that Spring is on its way. I thought I would post it on my blog with a title like "I CAN'T WAIT TO WEAR SHORT SLEEVES AGAIN" but since finding Pampering Beki's blog. I've wanted to join in the the Fingerprint Friday series. So I'll take on a more serious note for today. I'll have to save the short sleeve topic for another post!

These bulbs emerging from the ground remind me that lifes journey is a series of seasons. Just as God chose for the earth to experience these changes, our lives do too. I was further reminded of this, last week as a friend is going through a very difficult time. We are praying for her and hoping for a miracle, but we know that this too "shall pass".

Here's a very well known scripture about seasons in Ecclesiastes 3:

1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,

a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal

a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,

a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,

a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,

a time for war and a time for peace.

7 comments:

  1. This is so true.

    This scripture keeps going through my head when I think about the McClenahans as well. (They're Cora's parents, link is on my blog if you haven't seen it.)

    Spring always comes. No matter how dark, dry, or dreary the winter can be, Spring always comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my very favorite verses! I'm so jealous of the bulbs. Here in Ohio, we're in the midst of a blizzard!! Enjoy them for me! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! Your daffodils give me hope that we'll have spring here soon. I hope your friend will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bulbs are so amazing in the way they have "times" for growing, replenishing, dying, and resting. That's one of the reasons I enjoy growing them! Nice fingerprint :)

    I love your jewelry, I'm going to hop over to etsy to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post today! Best wishes to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PamperingBeki and BBTS: Was going to post my own favorite verses, saw the reference to the Macs, and stopped to think about how small the world is when you know Christ (my grandma was neighbors to the Macs, I know them from Berean). I don't even remember how I found your blog in the first place!

    Isaiah 53. Read it again. It's why my daughter's name is Chloe---tender young shoot. He came up out of the rocky ground. I always think about how delicate flowers are and what a miracle it is they come up at all.

    Thanks for the inspiration this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back! I tagged you today with a photo meme! You don't have to play if you don't want to but it's pretty painless!

    http://beadedtail.blogspot.com/2009/02/tagged-tagged-and-tagged-again.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your thoughts. I treasure each and every comment and look forward to reading what you have to say!