Wednesday, October 15, 2008

TOO MANY PROJECTS

Oh my, it's been a whole month since my last post! It is true that moving is a huge distraction. I know I have too many things going on in my brain when my husband states "You have too many projects!"

Since the two months that we've been in our new (to us) home, I have unpacked, painted 4 rooms (one of which is rag painted), had a kitchen backsplash installed, picked out new appliances and 3 light fixtures and made 2 pairs of pinch pleated drapes for my dining room! I've also marked off with masking tape an opening in a wall between our family room and formal living room that is going to be knocked out by a carpenter in less than 2 weeks.

Needless to say, I've been busy. My blog has been ignored and sadly my Etsy shop. Oh sure, I've added a few new jewelry designs and sold a few things but I haven't had nearly the amount of time to dedicate to it. But alas, I will not blog with guilt! This too shall pass, along with the dust from cut sheetrock that is coming.

Just to show you I haven't been sitting around eating bonbons here's some before/after pictures:


White appliances, no backsplash.

I chose black appliances and had a backsplash installed.


The dining room was a very nice light gray/blue (just not my colors), the tiny chandelier had to go and the windows needed some window coverings.




After much browsing through hundreds of light fixtures available on the web , I finally decided on this chandelier, made some lined pinch pleat curtains and rag painted the walls a brick red (took me about 12 hours to just rag over the rose color!).


I usually don't like to post pictures of me but here I am in the middle of painting the top layer of red over the rose basecoat. Messy stuff!
Stay tuned for more pictures of the renovations. I'm excited to open up the main floor with a pass through opening between the formal living room and the family room. I'll make sure to take some before and after pictures to share.
In the meantime, this house is really beginning to feel like home!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you! You have been mighty busy in your new home and are making it beautiful! I love what you did to the kitchen and can't wait to see what you do next!

    By the way, I'm visiting my dad near Topeka, KS until next Tuesday so am missing the Pacific NW - even if it were raining up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot of work completed in just a month. I'm moving in the other direction soon and am ever so happy that I'm not the one who will be laying floors, removing trim, or painting walls. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your thoughts. I treasure each and every comment and look forward to reading what you have to say!