Recently I was asked by an Artbeads.com representative if I would like to do a review on my blog of their Swarovski Crystallized Elements Line. Of course I didn't hesitate. I have been a happy customer of Artbeads since I began making jewelry several years ago and everyone knows that Swarovski crystals are known to be the very best in terms of quality, availability of shapes, finishes and colors.
Artbeads is located in Gig Harbor, WA, just south of where I live in the NW corner of Washington state, so I get my items quickly and when I was just starting out and buying a few things at a time, I loved the free shipping with no minimum order.
After browsing through their extensive selection of Swarovski crystal I decided on a couple of "glam" pendants, some shapes and colors that I wanted to check out, and some old standbys that I have used for years- mainly their 4mm bicones.
- I call this one... Black Beauty. It is simply wire wrapped Swarovski Rounds in Black Diamond and Jet Bicones gracefully interrupted with short links of sterling silver chain. It is a versatile piece that can be worn for everyday or dressed up. Because of the wide variety of sizes available, I was able to gradually decrease the sizes of the beads from 8mm in front to 4mm in back. The back has a 2" extender chain with a fine silver disc to finish it off.
- "Romancing the Bride" ... Lovely baroque pendants wire wrapped to 4mm bicones and 6mm rounds all in Crystal AB (aurora borealis) make a classic and very stunning pair of earrings for the bride or any special occasion.
- "Romantic Glam"... I literally gasped when I pulled this teardrop pendant in light vitrail out of the package along with its sister in Vitrail Medium (below). I decided these didn't need a lot of dressing up, so I simply wire wrapped them in sterling silver wire and attached them to a cable chain. These would be fabulous for any upcoming Christmas/Holiday party when you want to make a statement. I would be shocked if you didn't get at least one compliment while wearing either one of these beauties!
And...now for my favorite..."Mysterious". The sterling chain and all the findings have been oxidized. I wire wrapped a couple of 4mm vitrail medium bicones at the clasp end for a nice finishing touch.
- And here are a couple of projects below that are "in the works". I don't have all the components I need to finish these off but I wanted to show you a few more of the Swarovski elements I received. Below are Graphic beads in Crystal Copper, Helix beads in Purple Velvet, 4mm bicones in a new color called Mocca, more Purple Velvet and Swarovski Asymmetrical Pearls in Powder Almond waiting to be made into a triple strand bracelet.
- Classic 4mm bicones in this fun mix of indicolite, silk, smokey topaz, burgundy and lime ready to be wire wrapped into a simple 2 strand necklace with oxidized sterling chain.
Make sure to check out Artbeads.com for a huge selection of Swarovski Crystallized Elements products. I'm sure you won't be disappointed when you see their competitive prices and experience their excellent customer service!