Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA!

Wishing everyone a safe and fun, Fourth of July! I am a Canadian living in the USA but I can still celebrate the birthday of this wonderful country (yes, I know it has its flaws!). These photos were taken at a fireworks display in our little town of Anacortes, Washington in 2006. For a little town of about 15,000 people they put on quite the display. We would go down to the water with our hot chocolate and popcorn (and blankets!) and see the show.

This year I'll still be in Kansas, but we have reason to celebrate this week because we finally sold our house last Monday after being on the market for 5 months. If all goes well, we'll be back in our beloved little seaside town by August and I'll be down by the bay watching the fireworks in 2009!

As a way of celebrating in my Etsy shop Beadin By The Sea, I have made some "Celebration Earrings". Check it out, you might just find something you can't live without! These earrings are free with a purchase from my shop but only until midnight tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Such cute and simple earrings!

    I think I've actually seen them while perusing Etsy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your thoughts. I treasure each and every comment and look forward to reading what you have to say!